MASSIVE hammers used in the bygone textile industry are about to go on public display at Dunkirk Mills.
The giants are the remains of the last set of fulling stocks to work in the county and are on loan to the Stroudwater Textile Trust that operates a visitor centre near Nailsworth.
The machinery, which used to compact woollen cloth, was thumping out its slow rhythm at Cam Mills until 1954.
Dunkirk Mill Centre opens, hammers and all, for the first time this year on Sunday, April 13, from 2pm to 4pm.
Visit the website at www.stroud-textile.co.uk.